Thursday 17 February 2011

DEARLY DEPARTED

In the harsh hours
Through the darkest days
You realise nothing really matters
But the arm around your shoulder
The hand holding yours so tight

So in the fear of coldness
And the denial of depth
You come to see and find
There is no one there
No echo to the cry of your soul

For if there is no truth
No commitment, no cause
You find it all gets pushed away
No one can love a lie
And a heart of stone can never absorb

So I am so very sorry
I just want you to know that
For nothing really matters now
Without your love in my soul
Without a place to belong

If you had only blessed me
I would have walked so close beside you
You did not break my heart
You slowly tore it to pieces
Like petals off a wishing flower

So now all we dared dream and hope
Drifts on the breeze with the fragments of our remains
Now we are both alone again
Longing for the kind of soul
We just allowed to slip away

©Mark Anthony Games / The Human Voice 2010. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment