Friday 11 February 2011

DOMESTIC BLISS

Don't wrap me in chains,
Love is not a deed of ownership
It’s meant to be a true and honest calling.

How can I love you of my own free will,
When you control everything I say and do.
I would choose to feel nothing if you would only let me

I am thankful that the wounds you inflict absorb my tears
For if I was to shed one tear it would only provide a step for you
To raise you further above me and cast me deeper into your shadow

I wonder if I fear you or my failure more
Though I am sure that there is equal pain in either defeat
This then is the trap in which I dwell

Because I believe you I accept the pain
Because I believe you I wrap myself in your chains
Your such brief remorse is my only solitude

You are as frightened of losing me as I am of losing myself
In this way you show me your affection
The strength of these chains defined by the power of your love

Each strike you land is a letter of love
Each attack a paragraph
Spelt in finality as my blood floods the floor



18/04/2010 copyright Mark Anthony Games / The Human Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment