Friday 4 February 2011

HOUSE MADE OF LOVE

Did you ever have that feeling that you should be doing something
but you just can’t remember what it is. Did you ever walk into a room
and just completely forget what you went in there for. Well I walked
into such a room, that room was your heart and you slammed the
door shut. I’m locked inside, knocking on your heart from the inside.
I know the truth though, you did not trap me I surrendered and my
fears keep me locked away.

Yes I know the truth but I have no idea how to live it. I may not know
why I am in here but I know why I am not outside. In here it is warm,
predictable and safe. Outside it's cold, open and uncertain. There are
thieves in my past and my future that steal fibres from my heart, they
circle and dance with them like Morris dancers round a maypole. My
heart is knotted and unravelling like a hereditary blanket. Sowed and
bestowed upon me by my for-failures.

So I smother and suppress my concerns into envelopes and post them
through your letter box to the outside. Let them become a trail of crumbs
leading more innocents to that dark place in the woods, where they will find your dangerously tempting house made of love. It looks so like a fairytale until you take that first bite and the structure becomes unstable, like wood worm eating through the walls of life. If only I had stayed back and just admired the view

But should I entice another to nibble at your heart I would have cause and
justification to leave at your fault, so that I can pretend there was nothing I could do to save another love from its sell by date. For we have all thrust our faces into ice cold waters bobbing for apples. The doctors say a love a day keeps the loneliness away.Hopes and dreams like apples will rot if not consumed. So I will knock, knock on your door until you have no choice but to leave me, so I can blame it all on you. It’s what people who settle for love do.

©Mark Anthony Games / The Human Voice 2011. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment